30 7 things before I’m 30
1. It’s a funny thing. I’ve written a birthday post every single year since 2006 and every year the posts could not be more different if I tried. Sometimes I am actually amazed at the changes I’ve gone through since all the way back then when I first discovered the world of blogging.
2. One of the things I’ve realised is that I’m really good at starting things way before their time, often too soon, often inappropriately, often before the world was ready to embrace it. For instance, NerdMag, which was one of the very first geek / tech / social media websites in SA. It did super well, and then it didn’t. So I closed it when I got bored. Blogger meet ups happened back in the day too, before they were branded ‘Tweet ups’ like they were a few years later. Another thing I started (and got super bored of) was Nerdies awards – where online people voted who their favourite other online people where, and to secure their votes, they donated things to other online people. Like Briget’s flower aerial off her pretty pink VW, or charity drives, or a hot girl’s bra. It was randomly arbitrary, but fun. I wish I could still do things like that, start something that lots of other people jump onto and have fun with. I just don’t have the inclination or energy.
3. I’m 30 one month from today. It feels so old and so young all the same time. On one hand I’m all “OH MY GOD, WHERE DID MY TWENTIES GO!?” and on the other hand, I’m all “OH LAWD, PLEASE LET MY LADY BITS WORK, I’M SUPPOSED TO BE A MOMMA BY NOW!”. And then I have days like yesterday where I just don’t care and bury my head under the duvet ALL DAY LONG.
4. If you’ve read my blog for a while, you’ll know I have very… eclectic tastes. One of the things I absolutely love is Heather’s blog, called Mortuary Report. She’s a mortician, my age (ish) and one of the best innernet writers out there, and she lives in ‘Mericahhh. Read her, she’s insanely interesting.
5. I’ve uploaded a lot of crap over the years. I’ve spoken about over-flowing toilets, hijacking my own car, my family, living on the South Coast, living in Durban, moving to Cape Town, not moving to Cape Town, moving to Joburg, living in Joburg, my engagement, my wedding, and then also, I’ve uploaded this shit too:
6. I’m going through a bit of a life crisis at the moment where I’m not sure what I’ve done, what I’m doing, what I’m going to do. It’s a little post-wedding blues, a little holyshitimgonnabethirtysoonthatshalfofsixty, so I know it’s nothing to worry about. But I fleet from wanting a dog, to buying a house, to moving to Cape Town, to buying a holiday home, to breaking out on my own professionally, to wanting nothing at all to change. It’s quite exhausting for that husbank of mine, I’m sure.
7. I just got bored of this post. I’m ending here.
HOW ARE YOU GUYS?!