What fun I’ve had, truly. This first week back at work for most of us would have been dull, eventless and yawn inducing but I have been kept in stitches and on my toes with nom-nom’s pouring in through my twitter account, emails, blog and even dreams. Last night I totally dreamt that Saul smashed Marcel over the head to jump up onto a stage and steal the (non existant) Nerdies09 Trophy!
I’d like to firstly thank the sponsors for being so forthcoming with the prizes on offer. Each Nerdy Boy and Girl will receive the following when they win:
- A limited edition Moral Fibre T-shirt full of goodness, flair & attitude.
- One .co.za domain plus THREE MONTHS free hosting from The Creative Foundation by Byron Rode.
- A luxury Body Thrills hamper homemade especially by ExMi for each individual.
- Free Dinner at Capello Sandton from Garsen Subramoney to the value of R300.
The Nerdies have sparked controversy, jealousy, laughter, ego wars and even half nudies. It’s been a rollercoaster ride of competitiveness in this circle jerking world of ours, and I hate to admit it but I couldn’t have actually topped myself if I tried when it comes to bringing out these online nerdies egos. Its been amusing to no end.
I have a few Nom-nom’s that win my WTF! award, its nothing really aside from the prestigeous notion that you made me literally laugh out loud:
- Steve and his “non gay” nom-nom of Don, because Don apparently has style and a brilliant sense of humour. I’ll second that, the dude does stand up comedy for gawds sake.
- Yusuf for repeatedly trying to nominate me and denying that it was for bribery purposes.
- Stew because he sincerely wanted to nominate bacon and then got rather miffed that no one else seconded his nom-nom.
- Blade for confidently nominating himself (you’ll be happy to know you weren’t alone, others nom-nommed you too honey). And finally,
- ExMi because she totally transformed into a pimp, came out of the real-face closet and and changed her online profile pic to something porno that her mommy would cry if seen. I owe you a blog post of love for taking me up on my challenge, chickie, I realise this.
The Nom-noms are in and we’re ready to show you the Nomnominees that you need to vote for, but first a list of those who were punted, but didn’t make the cut of between a minimum of 2 or 5 nominations or more. Sorry for you lot, I told you to tell your mates. You never listen to me! And the nominees are:
(in no particular order and some sans a link due to either me not having it or my fingers being totally lazy)
Joyanne (2), Annaling (2), Talita(2), Single Syllable(2), Gabrielle(2), Kerry-Anne(2), Kitty(2), Tertia(3), Sam Wilson (2), Megg Wilson(2) [hey, are you two related?], Roxilla(3), Max Kaizen(2), Saaleha, Jo Duxbury, Bailey Schneider, Candy Tothill, KaB, Dolce, Jade Allen, Shana Kassiem, Vannessa Clark, Sarah Blake.
Close Runners Up:
Denny(2), Barry Roodt(3), Jayx(2), Biggest Mullet(3), StevenMcD(3), Brandon Golding(3), Wogan May(3), Shaun Oakes(3), Byron Rode(3), Enzo(3), Stii, Nic Harry, Vincent Maher, Matthew Buckland, Jason Elk, Jeremy Nell, Geek Rebel, Sexy G, XSYN, CraigN, DChetty, Allan Kent, Charl Norman, Jayx, Dave Duarte, Killer.
Close Runners Up:
And lastly, the Top Ten Nerdies needing your votes:
VOTING CLOSES AT noon (12:00PM) ON FRIDAY 9TH JANUARY!