Today’s leg of the race to blogdom & celebrity in what has become known as #nerdies09, something incredible happened. These twits started bidding on each others clothing, equipment, facial and body hair and even used up tissues. Our old friend Wiggly D then went and turned the tables completely and suggested one of the finalist girls strip her clothes, bids started at ZAR100!
Cow_grrrl put up her fluffly cow for auction, ExMi’s been forced to donate her sexy tie & t-shirt used in her porno pic and Snowgoose is auctioning off her Twitter Chop top & worn-over-trouser-undies. Yummy Mike has been challenged to shave his head so that either Miss_P or I get the fuzz, Saul has been challenged by ExMi to remove his facial hair (photographic proof of this is required) and I bet on Mike’s sweaty cricket practice shirt. Thanks to Suetjies daddyo for the inspiration, the proceeds of all these bids go to an auction that Miss Parenthesis suggested, a Capetonian couple who are on the bones of their arses looking after 40+ kids in an organisation NPO registered.
Simon upped the game a bit by putting up a limited edition Fring 1gig flash drive plus the original South African Fring shirt (sweaty & unwashed) bids starting at R20 bucks only, there’s still time so get in and vote for a good cause and awesome rewards*!
All bidding wars will be closed at 5pm on Friday (today) so please jump on the band wagon if you haven’t already by commenting on either the linked pictures or right here. It’s for a good cause and Jesus will love you in heaven when the rest of us are braaing marsh-mellows down there with the red dude.
Getting back to the actual pageant, voting closes at noon today, so scroll down to the previous post and get clicking! Once we’ve established the top four by means of most votes, Steve and I will announce the two winners. Don’t forget there are fantastic prizes up for grabs and you help choose who gets them:
- A limited edition Moral Fibre T-shirt full of goodness, flair & attitude.
- One .co.za domain plus THREE MONTHS free hosting from The Creative Foundation by Byron Rode.
- A luxury Body Thrills hamper homemade especially by ExMi for each individual.
- Free Dinner at Capello Sandton from Garsen Subramoney to the value of R300.
- An anonymous prize:A bottle of Rupert & Rothchild Red vino for the dude and a Charlotte Rhys hamper for the girl.
- And then, excitingly: one final mystery prize from Simon B.
This competition has taught me a few things:
- I really should have fucking allowed myself to be entered.
- Geeks certainly don’t work very hard in the office.
- Generosity didn’t just come from Mother Theresa.
*Please note that for each bid on Simon’s Fring items require you to actually hand the moola over to the charity, regardless of whether you’ve won the bidding war or not. Don’t bid unless you’re prepared to corka, dudes.
One final note: How extremely SEXY is Don?!